This month, the CDC is reminding us to “Rethink Your Drink!”
This is a way to avoid having too much sugar. People who drink sugary drinks are more likely to:
- gain weight
- get type 2 diabetes
- have heart, kidney, or liver problems
- get cavities
How do you “Rethink Your Drink!”? Tips from the CDC include:
- Choose water, even flavored waters that are unsweetened.
- Add fruit or cucumber to water for more flavor.
- Add a little bit of juice to plain sparkling water for a fizzy drink.
- Carry a reusable water bottle with you and refill it throughout the day.
- Freeze some freezer-safe water bottles.
- Take one with you for ice-cold water all day long.
For more tips, see the CDC’s “Rethink Your Drink!” page.