- TITLE/POSITION: AMP Group Maintenance Supervisor
- DEPARTMENT: Maintenance
- REPORTS TO: Maintenance Superintendent
- UNION STATUS: N/A
- FLSA STATUS: Administrative
- COMPENSATION: $45,000 – 65,000
This management position will oversee/coordinate the day to day maintenance functions at a HACE family development and or high-rise building. It will include supervision of 5 to 7 maintenance employees.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervise, train, and evaluate maintenance staff at assigned AMP group.
- Schedule/prepare vacated units to be ready to rent.
- Assign, plan, direct and monitor work of maintenance staff.
- Inspect work of maintenance staff to ensure quality and completeness of work.
- Inspect and approve vacant units for rental.
- Schedule daily work assignments for maintenance staff.
- Perform walking inspection of building and grounds.
- Assign and oversee completion of daily and emergency work orders.
- Input completed work orders in computer.
- Oversee handling and maintenance of equipment used by maintenance personnel to ensure that all equipment is safe to use and performing efficiently.
- Manage warehouse including ordering and inventory of maintenance supplies and equipment as required.
- Perform new move-in and move-out inspections and re-inspections as necessary.
- Oversee snow removal at all assigned properties.
- Drive in and between developments to check on maintenance work and building and grounds.
- Must be able to get in and out of maintenance vehicles multiple times throughout each day.
- Must be able to sit or stand for up to 8 hours at a time while performing essential duties.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, push and pull in the performance of essential job-related duties.
- Must be able to use fingers bilaterally and unilaterally to operate job related equipment.
- Must be able to climb stairs and inspect units throughout the day.
- Assist maintenance staff in performing duties that may involve lifting, up to 50 pounds.
Five years or more experience supervising staff in on-site property maintenance repair and renovation. Experience/knowledge of plumbing, electrical, carpentry and miscellaneous maintenance areas. Ability to input information in computer database.
- Thorough knowledge of the general operations and procedures of a PHA, local, state and federal laws governing public and other subsidized housing programs and tax credit developments and compliance.
- Able to communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing, with customers and staff.
- Able to interact with people from a broad range of social and economic backgrounds while maintaining a professional manner.
- Must possess and maintain a current, valid PA Driver’s license and be willing to use personal vehicle.
- Proficient in the use of Adobe and MS software (Windows; Outlook; Word; Excel; Access).
- Possess strong communication skills (verbal, written).
- Proven ability to meet programmatic deadlines with accuracy.
- Able to order and maintain inventory of maintenance supplies and equipment.
- Strong analytical and conflict resolutions skills required.
- Able to read, understand, follow detailed instructions and work in accordance to prescribed standards and procedures.
Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required of a position of this class. Must be physically able to access all units, common areas, and grounds. Must be able to work while standing or walking for extended periods of time. Must be able to use stairs, stoop, and crouch. Must be able to work in hot, cold, damp or dusty areas. Must have a level of manual dexterity sufficient to allow for operation of personal computer, telephone, fax machines, calculator, etc. Ability to move, handle or lift small objects around desk area, i.e. files, computer printouts, reports, calculator, office supplies, etc.